Spruce Golf Course
18-Hole Championship Golf | 3 Sets of Tees
Evergreen Resort is the perfect escape for golfers in northern Michigan. From the moment you set foot on our award-winning courses – totaling 27 holes in all – you’ll see why our property was voted one of the “best places to play” by Golf Digest.
Our 18-hole Spruce Golf Course is one of the most beautiful and challenging courses in Michigan. Located on a hillside overlooking Lake Cadillac, the course winds through scenic pine forests and gentle hills. Its classic design, featuring rolling fairways and small greens with lots of slope from front to back, can be enjoyed by players of all experience levels.
Book online now or call pro shop for tee times: 231-942-7021
Spruce Course Par
Spruce Course Yardage
Spruce Course Ratings
Back Tees: 71.5/130
Middle Tees: 68.8/126
Forward Tees: 68.0/120
- No Outside Purchased Alcoholic Beverages Allowed.
- Sprinklers marked with yardage to center of green.
- Red stakes represent 100 yards to center of the green.
- White stakes represent 150 years to center of the green.
- Blue stakes represent 200 yards to center of the green
- Please use cart paths and observe the 90 degree rule as much as possible.
Course Tips from Phil, Evergreen Pro
Phil outlines a brief tip for each hole on Evergreen’s flagship course, The Spruce.
- Straight away par 4, Play left of the bunkers on your tee shot, will leave mid-iron in.
- Dog leg right, play up the right side of the fairway. Will short iron in for your second shot.
- Nice par 3 us one extra club, false front. Do not go by the pin straight down hill putt.
- Dog leg left, stay to the right of the tree in the fairway.
- Signature hole, par 3 downhill over water, use 1 less club.
- Blind tee shot, play at the radio towers straight ahead.
- Straight downhill par 4, just stay to the left of the fairway bunkers.
- Big dogleg left par 5, play a draw off the tee, will leave a fairway wood or hybrid, into the hole.
- Straight away par 4, don’t leave your second shot above the hole.
- Make sure to hit the fairway on this hole, tree lined both sides.
- Hug the left side of the fairway, will leave short iron in.
- Nice long hole, into the wind usually
- Great par 3 into the wind, 2 tier putting service, if the pin is on the upper service, use a extra club.
- Water everywhere on this dogleg left par 4 very log, hit your tee shot straight, do not try to hit it over the water on the left.
- Par 5 reachable in 2 with a nice tee shot, dog leg right over water, big bunker in front of the green, good place to miss your second shot.
- Long par 4 slight dog leg left, play your tee shot off the mounds on the right.
- Par 5 all up hill, your 3rd shot make sure you hit clean to get it up on the green.
- My favorite hole on the course par 3, the wind comes from your right, I have 8 –iron to a 4-iron here. Do not miss the green right big slope, makes for a hard chip. If anything miss it short.